Rob Matt, Vice President of Hancock Regional Hospital delivered his second annual report about the current state of Hancock Regional Hospital and the current events in hospitals in general to Greenfield Kiwanis. Matt spoke of several current trends and projects:
· The goal to provide a seamless stream of care during a health care encounter rather than several beginnings and endings as a patient moves between departments of the hospital or from one doctor to another.
· Development of a long term acute care facility to serve the eastern region of the state
· Providing care to those who are underinsured or uninsured
· Compliance with the Health Care Act
· Providing oncology care locally
During questions Matt also addressed the process for recruiting and retaining medical professionals and the use of hospitalists. Further information can be found on the hospital website at http://www.hancockregionalhospital.org